If you’re new to HubSpot or thinking about buying HubSpot, you will probably want some help with HubSpot onboarding and implementation. The HubSpot Partner Directory is a great place to begin your search for an agency, but it can be challenging to navigate with so many members (and growing).
In this article, I'll show you how to use the HubSpot Partner Directory and it's different features to find your next agency.
Tips for Using the HubSpot Partner Directory
As of writing this article, there are currently 2,932 HubSpot partners in the ecosystem. That's a lot! So finding the best partner for you needs, goals, and budget is going to require a little bit of homework and due diligence.
Here are some tips to help you find your next agency using the HubSpot Partner Directory:
1. Know What You Are Looking For
When looking for an agency partner, you first need to think about what you are looking for and use that as a starting point. One of the biggest mistakes you can make early on is to look for the highest-rated agencies in a directory and think they are “the best.”
There are a lot of different variables to consider when selecting a HubSpot partner agency. You’ll want to collaborate with any relevant stakeholders to create a profile of your ideal partner – similar to how you would when filling a new role at your company. Here are some key characteristics you should consider:
- Size – How big do you want your agency to be? More prominent agencies may have more experience but might not give your account the attention it deserves. Smaller boutique agencies can be more agile and willing to dedicate resources to your business.
- Capabilities – What do you want your agency to do? Are you looking for a web developer? Do you need a branding specialist? How important is content and SEO to your business? Different agencies have different areas of expertise.
- Experience – Do you have the budget for a more experienced agency? Are you a startup looking for a partner that can grow alongside your business? These are essential questions to ask.
- Location – Is it essential that your agency is local? Are you comfortable working with a partner in a different time zone? If you don’t require in-person meetings, the location may be less critical.
2. Use the HubSpot Directory Filters
Once you’ve created a profile for your potential agency partner, you can use the HubSpot partner directory filters to find candidates that match your desired criteria. HubSpot directory filters will allow you to narrow down your search by the following characteristics:
- Industry – Is it essential for your agency partner to have experience in your industry? HubSpot provides several different industry niches, from automotive to waste management, to choose from.
- Services – What specific services do you require from your partner? This filter allows you to select from a wide range of services, such as:
- Content creation
- CRM Implementation
- Full inbound marketing services
- Help desk implementation
- Paid advertising
- Sales coaching and training
- Video production
- Website design
- And MUCH more
- Budget – If you have a specific budget in mind, use this filter to weed out the agencies that have less experience or are out of your range.
- Certifications – Is there a specific certification that is important to you? We recommend looking for certifications that align with the particular services you need. At a minimum, your HubSpot partner agency should have the HubSpot Marketing Software and HubSpot Solutions Partner certifications.
- Partner Tier – Partner tier speaks to an agency’s level of experience in working with the HubSpot platform. Some agencies will have helped 100’s of clients with implementation, while others will have done less. Keep in mind that experience doesn’t necessarily correlate with service quality.
3. Explore Each Candidate’s HubSpot Profile
After you’ve created a list of potential candidates, you should dig into their HubSpot profiles to learn more. Here, you will find a description of the company, a list of their HubSpot certifications, pricing, awards, a link to the website, and customer reviews.
A good marketing agency will have several five-star reviews from satisfied clients. Look through these reviews to see what their past and current clients have said and identify common threads. What do they say about their expertise? Did they get results? Is the agency responsive? Do they take the time to educate their clients? These insights can help you gain valuable insights.
Go Beyond the HubSpot Partner Directory
The HubSpot Partner Directory is a great place to search for an agency partner. However, it can’t tell you everything you need to know. You should also explore potential partners’ websites, read their case studies, and check out their blogs before scheduling an exploratory call.
On that note, feel free to check out our case studies and explore our resource hub to learn more about our work at WEBITMD. And when you’re ready to talk, you can book an exploratory meeting at a time that works for you.