Your company just signed a deal with HubSpot and now you are left with the task of figuring it all out. If you are new to HubSpot onboarding, you probably don’t know where to start or what steps to follow. But that is OK – you are not alone!
As a platinum-level Hubspot partner agency, we have helped our fair share of clients make the most of their technology investments. Here are some tips to help you get started in the right direction with HubSpot’s marketing tools.
Get Started with HubSpot CRM
Getting started with HubSpot may seem intimidating at first, but the platform is actually very intuitive and user-friendly once you get comfortable. By following these 3 easy steps, you'll be off the races in no time.
1. HubSpot Onboarding and Portal Setup
After you sign up for HubSpot, you’ll have to set up your own portal. This involves connecting your inbox, setting an email domain, installing tracking codes, importing contacts, and lots of other technical setup tasks. While there are a number of resources you can access online to help you through this, you will probably want to get some additional help.
There are two main roads you can take with HubSpot onboarding: working with HubSpot’s own support team or getting support from a third-party HubSpot partner agency. Both will ultimately give you the same result but with a few key differences. HubSpot support will provide technical assistance, but an agency will be a true strategic partner who can provide guidance and support in all your marketing efforts beyond the initial onboarding.
2. Invest in Education
With so many tools, features, integrations, reports, modules, etc, it’s hard to know where to start and how to make sense of it all. Luckily the HubSpot user community is constantly growing so there are plenty of resources available for everyone from beginners to advanced users. Here are a few options to explore:
- The HubSpot Academy is a great resource that everyone should take advantage of. There are courses and certifications available on a wide range of topics and you can get started on your inbound education before you even sign the deal.
- HubSpot’s yearly Inbound conference is another great opportunity to network with other users, get help from the support team, and learn about new products and features. We highly recommend attending Inbound if you are able to.
- Work with a HubSpot partner agency to get the most out of your investment. They will have years of experience and knowledge relevant to your industry that can help improve your entire marketing strategy – not just the technology aspect.
3. Start Small and Use It Every Day
Like with any new tool, the best way to get comfortable using the Hubspot marketing platform is to start small and use it often. Take some of your more basic, daily tasks and move them over to HubSpot. This can include the following:
- Social posting
- Email sending
- Blog publishing
Once you are comfortable using those basic features, try some more advanced tactics, such as:
- Create contact segments – Try organizing your contacts into smaller groups so you can target your messaging accordingly. You can segment based on location, buyer persona, service interested in, lifecycle stage, and much more.
- Start analyzing reports – There are all kinds of analytics and reporting modules in HubSpot. Start keeping track of key metrics such as traffic generated, contacts created, pages viewed, meetings booked, etc.
- Use marketing automation – Marketing automation can be as simple or complex as you need it to be. Start by setting up a basic follow-up email any time somebody submits a form on your website. You will be optimizing your workflows over time, so don’t get overly complex on your first try.
Getting Support When You Need It
Getting started with HubSpot CRM is a big undertaking so don’t hesitate to get support when you need it. WEBITMD is a platinum-level HubSpot partner agency with several years of experience and success under our belts. We can help with everything from HubSpot onboarding to tracking deals and revenue within your HubSpot portal.